At DFW Direct Insurance, we are certified to assist individuals and families to enroll health coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace. (Also known as the new Affordable Care Act or Obamacare Plans)
The annual open enrollment period for the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) health insurance plans ended on January 31, 2017. The next open enrollment period begins November 1st, 2017 and runs through December 15, 2017. You may only enroll in an ACA plan outside of this open enrollment period if you experience a qualifying life event.
However, many other non-ACA plans are available year round. Call us anytime at 817-449-5557 for details on plans that are available year round.
Here are a few examples of qualifying events:
- Loss of Essential Health Coverage: If you lose, or have one of your dependents lose health coverage that meets minimum government standards.
- Change of Family Structure: If you gain a dependent or become a dependent because of a marriage, death in the family, birth or adoption of a child.
- Change Citizenship Status: If you become a U.S. citizen, national, or gain lawful status in the U.S.
- Experience Government Error: If you lose, change or enroll in coverage because of an error committed by an officer, employee or agent of the Exchange or the Department of Health and Human Services as determined by the Exchange.
- Change Subsidy Eligibility: If you are determined newly eligible or newly ineligible for subsidies (advance payments of the premium tax credit or cost sharing reductions).
- Move to a New Coverage Area: If you permanently move to a new area and gain access to new qualified health plans.
If you don’t meet one of these exceptions for the ACA plan enrollment, we still have a wide array of great PPO network health insurance plans available all year long!
If you have questions about which plans are available, you can call DFW Direct Insurance anytime toll free at 1-866-999-1215.