At DFW Direct Insurance, we are certified to assist individuals, families and small businesses to enroll in a health plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace. (Also known as the Affordable Care Act or Obamacare Plans) Plans are now available from a variety of different carriers. All plans are guaranteed acceptance and cover all pre-existing health conditions.
We can help you to shop all of the carriers in minutes to make sure you’re getting the best health insurance coverage. Also, we can instantly tell you if you are eligible for a premium subsidy to lower the cost of your health insurance! Call us anytime toll free at 1-866-999-1215 for a fast, free rate quote.
The annual open enrollment period for 2017 ended on January 31st, 2017. The next open enrollment period begins November 1st, 2017 and runs through December 15, 2017. You may only enroll in certain ACA health plans outside of this open enrollment period if you experience a qualifying life event.
Here are a few examples of qualifying events:
- Loss of Essential Health Coverage: If you lose, or have one of your dependents lose health coverage that meets minimum government standards.
- Change of Family Structure: If you gain a dependent or become a dependent because of a marriage, death in the family, birth or adoption of a child.
- Change Citizenship Status: If you become a U.S. citizen, national, or gain lawful status in the U.S.
- Experience Government Error: If you lose, change or enroll in coverage because of an error committed by an officer, employee or agent of the Exchange or the Department of Health and Human Services as determined by the Exchange.
- Change Subsidy Eligibility: If you are determined newly eligible or newly ineligible for subsidies (advance payments of the premium tax credit or cost sharing reductions).
- Move to a New Coverage Area: If you permanently move to a new area and gain access to new qualified health plans.
If you don’t meet one of these exceptions for the ACA plan enrollment, we still have a wide array of great PPO network health insurance plans available all year long!
If you have questions about which plans are available, you can call DFW Direct Insurance anytime toll free at 1-866-999-1215.